So.. I didn't realize it was 9/11 until around mid morning yesterday.
I turned on the news to see what the weather would be like for the day and to hear if anything besides shootings, drug deals or murders had happened. [it's really sad to turn on anymore, I have a hard time].
I saw all the Memorial services and was taken back to when I had first heard what had happened.
I was getting ready for school and my Dad had the TV turned onto the news [like always] and I came down for breakfast, glanced at the Tv and saw some airplane crash into a building. I thought he had turned on a movie or it was a scene from somewhere else. Not here. Not America.
It didn't dawn on me until I had gone to school and our Principle said over the loud speaker, "We are going to have a moment of silence at 'such and such' time." Our History teacher had us watch it all period and most other teachers did as well.
It looked so horrible! All the fire, the deaths, the racing around of people below trying to get out of the way or help somehow.
And then the 2nd building was hit! Even more astonishing. It felt so surreal. School was basically put on hold that day. I don't think anyone learned anything other than that our nation had be hurt by this act.
Such a sad time for our country, but what an awesome time for growth! So much good came from it. People were kinder, had just a little more patience, loved ones were held closer, neighbors actually waved to one another, the bond between us all grew stronger. Such a united time it was. I was lucky to not have lost someone in it, but my heart goes out to all those who did. I hope comfort has come to them.
I am so glad for this country. For all those who have and still are fighting to protect it.
Thank you.
Where were you on that day? What do you remember?
Post about it in your comment, or on your own page.





1 comments:
hey i got your post about wanting to do the zoowalk. i'll have to find you at church and get your phone number so we can get everything situated at time gets closer. i think it will be fun!
Post a Comment