Get ready for a journal entry! I am 1 proud mama!!Yesterday I had a doctor's appointment and was lucky enough that Jordan's Aunt Janice could watch Camryn for me. I got there, signed in, waited for my name to be called, then got on that horrible scale every woman hates to get on and see their # on it.
Mine thank goodness told me I had only gained 6 lbs. I'd say that's pretty good with all the extra food and cravings I've been having. I know they tell you just because you have to eat for someone else, you shouldn't REALLY eat for 2, but sometimes I feel like I could really put it all away! Mine and Jordan's helpings.. :)
So that 6 lbs was looking mighty fine to me I might say.
Found out that my due date is correct, I am due April 8th, and hopefully this time I get to go on my own, and if it's a week late like my mom has gone with most her kids, then bring on another 14th baby!!! :) Makes it easy to remember all our birthdays eh Jordan?? heh heh
I got an H1N1 vaccine for the swine flu. Did I spell that right? Oh well.
I was nervous about getting it because I haven't fully researched it out, maybe I should've waited till my next appointment.. dang.
No side effects yet.. I'll keep you posted :) But I talked with my doctor and he put me at ease and I felt ok with my decision.
I got to hear that little pounding of the baby's heart for the first time. Makes that pudge feel like something is really inside of it. I now feel it's ok to be not fitting into my jeans anymore and that it's ok if Camryn likes to poke at it. That's her sibling in there and she's gonna poke at them when they come out anyways :) Might as well get her used to doing it as softly as possible now.
The nurse I usually get [when I was prego with Cam] looked kind of nervous when she found out I was almost 18 weeks and this was my first doctor's appointment. I knew everything was fine, but it was nice having someone else fuss over my baby's health.
I got my blood work done and man! Do I HATE those needles. With a passion. BUT I will say, you all would be very proud of how I handled myself by not even FLINCHING as she stuck me. :) I was at least!
I wanted to call Jordan and have him help distract me, but she said she wasn't allowed to poke someone while they were on the phone. Dang it all.
So I resigned myself to memorizing the color pattern on the side of a bottle that sat, nicely, out of site of the needle and she was nice enough to talk to me and hum to herself while she was doing her thing.
We go back for an ultrasound on the 17th and HOPEFULLY, like Camryn, this little baby cooperates and lets us know what it will be :) We both think it's a girl, but deep down Jordan is still praying for that little hot dog to be attached! ha ha ha
It would be so easy if it was another girl [for clothes and bedding sake] but it would be really fun for Jordan to have his little man around ;)
I've been feeling the baby move around, you know, those little popcorn pops and swooshing feelings..
Well today, I was reading my book and had my hand on my abdomen [seems like it finds its way down there a lot lately] and I feel this little nudge.. then another, and a hard push. VERY COOL!! I got excited and told Jordan I felt it outside of my stomach! [sounds crazy but so cool!]
When Jordan got home I was playing with Camryn and sat down next to him and the baby started going crazy! I had him put his hand on my stomach to feel and he sort of felt some movement, but then later, I had him try again and he felt it! Wahoo!
Our little nudger nudged us! It's there and I'm almost halfway to seeing it!! So exciting!
So if you were nice enough to read ALL the way through this, be excited! Cause we sure as heck are!





8 comments:
Yay!! That is so exciting! I can't wait to hear what baby #2 is going to be! We need to hang out soon :)
That's so awesome! There's nothing like feeling your baby move and having your hubby feel it! I'm so excited for you guys.
I love G-mail and that it lets me see that little belly progress. You look beautiful. I'm glad the doctors appointment went so well.
Congratulations! I am so excited for you!
That is so cute. It is so fun to feel them move :) Congratulations!
We are very excited for you both.
Congratulations.
Ohhhh I just LOVE you and your little growing, nudging belly!!! I love your descriptions-brings back memories-mostly good(I'm with you on the needle thing! But I have given blood a few times now-very proud of myself!) Camryn will be a great big sister, and Jordan the best daddy!!!
Oh man! Brings back memories - the needles! AAAHHH! I hate needles too. I make funny noises when they stick me. LOL. Well, I'm excited for you and can't wait to find out what you're having! If the baby doesn't cooperate, come over here and I'll do the ring test. I'm right every time and I've been doing it for years.
Post a Comment