Thanks Arron for waiting up until we got there!
The next morning I woke up nice and early, fed the kids, and got things packed so we could head to Donnelly that evening. Took Arron to work, got ready, and saw some good friends that I haven't seen in about 2 years. Stacy and her loveliness,Ashley and baby Ava and Miss Peyton, Sara and her little guy Reece. It was so fun seeing them in 'Mom mode'.
We took a bunch of group shots that will hopefully be posted soon.. Sara.. :0)
After they left, Ashley was able to stay longer and visit with me. She helped me pack and load up the car, plus corral the kids while doing it AND getting dinner ready before we left. [2 hrs with 5 hungry kids.. I didn't want to with THAT] :]
I had put a movie on in the car for them and everyone was good.. except Camryn. At this point she was SICK of cars. Hated life in that carseat. I felt so bad for her but I couldn't really do anything. We needed to get up to Donnelly. So I pulled over 2x trying to get her to be happy. She cried for about an hour and 1/2 straight. Just sobbed that cry of "oh come on Mom!"
Plus I was going about 45 mph in the canyon because my mom told me about my brother almost or did hit a dear the weekend before. I was scared out of my mind! THEN my phone died. Great.
Jordan texted me a number for So You Think You Can Dance so I could vote and Just as I was about to tell him I couldn't it died. Ugh. Frustrating when I knew there was a bunch of people waiting for us to check in at different places. I got to about 10 minutes from where I thought My Parents lived [I couldn't remember exactly because Jordan had driven the 2 times we'd been there] and I pulled over at a gas station. I only knew Jordan's number because everyone has changed their's in my family [or I couldn't remember the number. dang cell phones] Anyway, called my sister, called anyone's number that Jordan had. [He had all their old numbers]. So I had the directions and walked out to the car. All the kids were asleep so I was going to just finish the trip. *sigh*
When I go to the car, this guy grabs my arm!! It's my Dad!
"Oh thank goodness!" I sigh, knowing we're safe now. We headed to their house and went to bed.
What a hectic day.
I still feel bad about making everyone worry that night. I'm so sorry everyone!









0 comments:
Post a Comment