2 weeks ago we went down to Jordan's Aunt & Uncle's to hangout and borrow their baby seat that goes on their bike for Camryn.
We took Dallin's bike that already had the seat on it, for a ride. Jordan with Camryn, and I next to them on my own bike. We had been riding for less than 5 minutes, not going fast, or turning sharply, and the seat came off.. with Camryn IN it. I was SO SCARED!! I jumped off my bike and ran to her. Jordan stopped as soon as he felt her fall. Luckily she had fallen on the side of the seat in the grass and wasn't hurt TOO bad. But she was screaming pretty hard and started getting a goose egg really fast. We were so worried. {I was so worried}. Jordan tried calming us both down. We walked the bikes back to their house and she had stopped crying by the time we reached it [which I think was a good sign & very brave of her]. We debated going to Emergency Care but we don't have insurance and it would've cost a lot. I know I know. This is our child's health we're talking about. But she wasn't acting like anything was wrong and we knew she hadn't hit her head directly. To be safe, Jordan gave her a blessing and we both felt she would be alright.
When we got home, we called Lisa. Ha ha :) Lisa is my sister-in-law who's had a few kids fall in her time as a mom and knows the signs to watch for. I know there are so many people I could've called and I'm sorry I didn't, so don't take offense k?
She told me:
1. watch for excessive bleeding
2. dilated pupils
3. acting lethargic [lazy and not like their self]
4. abnormal swelling
5. and keep them awake at least an hour after the accident
I think that was it.
Camryn was showing NONE of these signs. Wanted to get down and play as soon as we were home actually. We kept her up, fed her, got her ready for bed and had family prayer before we laid her down. She woke up once or twice because she's a tummy sleeper and I think rubbed her bump on her pillow or blankets. She was such a tough little girl. Didn't baby it at all really. Not like I did :) I'm such a worry wort when it comes to things with her. Hopefully I'll be a little more outgoing with my next child :)
This is Camryn's scratch the next day. That's all it was. No more swelling or anything. Just a nice bruise and scratched.
I had brought shoes for her but stupid me, didn't put them on before we went for the ride. So her little toes got a little nicked as well :( I'm sorry baby girl.
I have to say though, she was so happy the next morning and played really well.
You would never have known she was hurt the night before unless you saw her forehead.
bangs hide things rather well :)
I love you my Love Bug and I'm so glad you're alright!





2 comments:
WOW! This was scary for us-and we didn't hear about it till a week later! But I'm glad to hear all the details-I think you did the right thing, and calling Lisa was a smart thing to do! You are great parents, and we love that Jordan could give her a blessing. Glad she is better!
Sometimes it takes all we have as moms to not hurt as much as our babies do. I remember the panic moments, especially when my daughter got her hand torn open and I was so glad I didn't have to drive and keep my daughter calm too.
I'm so glad she fell on the grassy side and I'm sure that was a blessing from heaven in itself. So thankful all is well.
Post a Comment